Sunday 2 October 2011

Black on black


Well, I'm studying again. Final year. Plenty of random stuff to do = less time to spend on my project. But, still, here it is:

Changes:
Engine - Honda K20A with exact (+- 10mm) dimensions. Yeah, that's cool. I'll be adding some more detail to it later. What I did was I physically measured the head cover of the K20A engine, found some reference pictures, scaled them down properly, added a grid and got all the measurements! Pretty neat, except the fact that you have to count the squares. Which was pretty annoying.






Rear suspension - Done. Kind of. Still missing halfshafts, spindles, bearings, brakes. Had to use wider wishbones for them not to hit the transmission that is sticking out. Turned out to be a great idea.

Engine cover and side covers - Modified to look a bit more sporty. If you ask me, I like it very much (surprisingly).




Front nose cone - Completely remade from scratch. And only now it goes nicely with the frame, and even has a spoiler inside it! Which is great news, because the front of the car has nothing that would push the front wheels to the termac, and that might cause some understeer. I'm still thinking of adding another spoiler.



Frame - added some more diagonal tubing, the increased the width of the 'top layer'. You can see that I cheated a bit. But it's for a good purpose, so it doesn't count. See the top tube that is bent? It should go all the way to the rear, but I didn't want that for rigidity and bending issues. The joint between the front and the rear tube is covered by the panel that is covering the sides of the car, so it creates an illusion that the straight pipe actually bends. Excellent.



That is pretty much it.
A new post coming up shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment