Monday 30 May 2011

The engine. It doesn't fit.

So I found this website recently: it's called www.3dcontencentral.com, where you can download various 3D cad models. I was browsing through the automotive section, and... woohoo, found a Ford Type 9 gearbox. That is awesome! And it was a really snugly fit. Now that's what I call a relief.

Found some engine models as well. Suzuki Hayabusa 1300 to be precise. Well, why not try to fit it in? And then the horror. Oh, the humanity! It doesn't fit. Not even 1.3l engine. Imagine what would've happened if it was a 2.0l engine. (Yes, the 2.0l is bigger.). Well now, I've got some work to do. Next thing on the list will be to switch front uprights, move the steering rack to the front, modify the front of the space-frame chassis. Not too good.

What I have achieved in the couple past days is added some diagonal beams to the chassis, finished the front lower wishbone mounts and removed the side panels and the hood. Yes, removed, they were utterly useless. Will have a go at them later though.

This is what I must do next:

No comments:

Post a Comment