Tuesday 21 June 2011

The kit car show and some other stuff

19th of June was one of the most interesting days of my life. That was the day when the Newark Kit Car festival '11 took place. And It was amazing. I had a chance to meet the builders, touch and smell a huge variety of kit cars and, of course relax. It was very nice.

That's me next to a lovely Yamaha Lotus - 7 type kit car.




Other news: while I was at the show, I asked some guys about my front shock absorbers and springs and about the IVA and their opinion about it. Most of them thought that the parts should be covered, just in case. Or, temporarily. I will have to give it a thought.

Next : tyres! Dummy, but still something.
The rear-end of the vehicle - done and final. This one was a difficult one. Nothing looks good on a square. But, somehow I managed to make it look OK.  There're only a few things missing (i.e. trunk, fuel tank, light for the number plate), but that can be done later.

After a few tests with cardboard diffusers (glued one together, pressed it to the ceiling, blew some air, and watched it hang upside down. Spectacular.) I decided to put one under the car. Looks nice, and it should work nicely as well.

Aaand the exploded view. Was a bit of a hassle but there it is.
(It's not accurate though, you wouldn't be able to assemble this car like that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment