Sunday 6 November 2011

A kit car in made in Autodesk Inventor ... is almost done.

I planed to make this post earlier this week, but certain changes stopped me from doing that. And oh boy, the changes are big.

To the ADD peeps : Wider and taller frame, some new parts. Pretty pictures below.
To all the rest of you:

I. The Update: While doing some research about radiators I've found out that any radiator, no matter how small it is, won't fit in the front. The big mistake was not to check if all the crucial parts fit inside the frame before actually starting to model the frame itself. So, I had to increase the width of the bottom section and remove some supports from the suspension box. Another big mistake was not to check the overall dimensions of the seats. When brackets and railings were added to the car, I saw that the seat was way to high. So I had to make the frame taller. While I was modifying the frame, I finally got round to widening the front wishbones (They were bugging me for a long time). Some good news is that I've calculated the approximate cost of the parts and materials for the car. AND... It should be well below £3000. Yay!



II. The Changelog:
  • Major changes have been made to the frame. Wider bottom section, to properly accommodate the radiator, increased height in the middle section, to properly accommodate the driver.
  • Honda Civic radiator. To save some time I borrowed it from http://locostcadfiles.wikispaces.com
  • Adjustable Cobra seat mounts. 

  • Universal seat railings.
  • Navigators footwell.
  • Modified pedal box.
  • Modified front bottom and top wishbones. Caster angle increased to 7 degrees.
  • Rear-view mirrors.

  • Aeroscreen,  a.k.a. windscreen.
  • Modified the nose-cone, the bonnet, and the side-covers.
  • Added vents in the engine cover.
III. The Images:

As you can see I had to increase the width of the bottom part of the nose cone. 

I had to increase the height of the frame as well.


Here you can see the rear cycle wing stay and the modified top wishbone. Two camber adjusters instead of one = more rigidity

The modified wishbones and some space for the radiator

2 comments:

  1. woop! pretty pictures for my add! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think about each and every single one of my readers. Heh

    ReplyDelete