Friday 18 November 2011

Modelling a kit car in Autodesk Inventor

I. The Update:

For the last couple of weeks I've spent a lot of time on improving the suspension. Front and rear. I decided to go with the rose-joints (or rod-ends) at the points were wishbones connect to the chassis, but that didn't really work out, so I'm pretty much back where I started. Some improvements still were made. Not a lot of progress visually.

II. The Changelog:

  • Cortina Ball-joints instead of rod ends used for the front suspension
  • Modified suspension brackets
  • Rose-joints instead of simple camber-adjusters for the rear suspension.
  • Modified geometry of the rear wishbones
  • A Honda Civic radiator added. Model provided by http://locostcadfiles.wikispaces.com
  • Seatbelt mounts added
  • Some structural frame improvements
  • Rear brakes done. (Brembo discs and Cortina callipers)
III. The Images:





No comments:

Post a Comment